If I had to write a letter to myself in 5 to 10 years I’m not exactly sure what it would say but they are a few key points that I’d definitely make to her.
Dear Future self
1. Always put God first. If for whatever reason you haven’t been to church or prayed for a while , take a moment and get on your knees.
2. After God , Family comes next. Always make time for Family , whether it’s a game night or a call to your gran just to say Hi. Make the time. Remember that some friends are Family and make time for them too. You are never too busy for the ones who matter most.
3. If you are unhappy in a situation, Change it. Whether it’s a relationship , friendship or even a job. If it makes you unhappy it has to go. Do not settle ever !
4. Continue to Love hard. Most persons won’t appreciate or deserve it , but being a good person and caring about others isn’t about them it’s about you.
5.There is Nothing you cannot achieve once you put your mind to it. Remember when you accomplished your first major dream the joy you felt walking across that stage ! You can and will achieve anything you want. You just have to make it happen.
6.Take responsibility for your circumstances. Don’t blame others , don’t blame your parents don’t even blame society. You were never one to have an attitude of entitlement or play the victim and now is not the time to start.
7. Be Honest always. No matter the situation and no matter the cost.
8. Remember to practice Self Love daily. If you haven’t made time for your self lately, make some time this weekend. Love yourself first.
9. Don’t second guess yourself. When you thought through something and you’ve made a decision , stick to it. Don’t let anyone make you feel bad for doing what you believe in.
10. If you haven’t accomplished everything you thought you would by now. It’s okay. You are not in competition with anyone but yourself. Don’t judge yourself by the standards of others. Just keep going , you’re capable of accomplishing greater things than you’ve ever thought possible.